Skip to main content

Honeymoon in Palawan: EL NIDO TOUR A

El Nido Tour A (Travel Date: April 21, 2018)



How can I even describe the beauty that is El Nido. It is like a painter's muse, or a child's lullaby, or a gardener's rose. You find yourself adoring the place from afar, and even admiring it more in up close. No matter what you do, there is no way you would find the place undesirable. The more you dwell into the place, the more you find it irresistable.

Last year, just a couple of days after our wedding, we flew to Palawan to spend our honeymoon there. Both of us have been dreaming of this destination for quite sometime now. I personally have long since included El Nido in my bucket list but never had the chance to tick it off. So, imagine my happiness and excitement when my husband told me he was planning to take me to El Nido for our honeymoon.



EL NIDO, PALAWAN TOUR A

Selfie first before boarding!

We had a smooth flight via Air Asia. Thank God the weather was perfect. We had a short plane ride of less than an hour. 


We arrived early in the morning at Puerto Princesa Airport. We were greeted by the beautiful morning sun.

Right after we arrived at Puerto Princesa Airport, we were then fetched by our service van of which we booked prior to our arrival. We then traveled from Puerto Princesa to El Nido for merely 5 hours long.

Finally we arrived at El Nido.




It was such a tiring journey that we immediately dozed off right after we arrived at our hostel. Tired but happy. Finally, El Nido.


The following day, we got up early for our Tour A. We first had our breakfast (included in our lodging package), and off we went to our first day in El Nido.
Selfie before breakfast

First morning in El Nido!



We had matching water shoes

More selfie!



We were then fetched by our tour guide to join our Tour Group.
Together with other joiners, we were gathered in this place.

Photo op while waiting for our boatman

That's our boat waiting for us.

Finally in our boat as the tour was about to start.


A lot of sight-seeing

Beautiful rock formation


More rock formation. I just love capturing their texture and color. They all looked so bright and majestic under the sunlight.






We first went to Small Lagoon where we did some Kayaking.




Beautiful rock formation again. hehe

Thanks Kuya Tour Guide for capturing this lovely photo of me and my husband!


Then we pass by Big Lagoon and had a little photo op on this spot for each tourist.



Showin off my chunky bod



Then we went to remaining islands included in the package such as 
Secret Lagoon, 7th Commandos Beach, and Shimizu Island. 





 I believe this is the 7th Commandos Island where we spent most of our time just lounging in the bamboo chair and zippin some coconut juice.








It was around 5pm when we were finally done with our tour and headed back to our hotel.

After our tour, we decided to roam around El Nido town proper to see its night life. We saw bars (although we didn't enter one). There were lots of foreigners having party here and there and some bands were playing cool funky music. We decided to eat in a little carinderia to save some bucks and bought some snacks in a local convenient store and stayed at the beach front for midnight chit chat.

The night was still young but we thought of going back to our hotel to sleep. We were tired but our heart was full of joy. How can you even be sad when you were staying in a marvellous place that is El Nido?

The following day, we went on our second tour, Tour C, which I will share in my next post (this post is already loaded with photos and captions.)



See you in a bit,
Love,

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.

Elow elow elow Dear Reader! So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general. How many piercings do you have? As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right. When did you get them and why? 1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest ...

EOS Lip Balm, Overrated?

I was looking at old photos in my computer and I saw these cute pictures of EOS Lipbalm and I remembered how much I love this product but I shelved it for various reasons. EOS and I had some good times, you know. I enjoyed the days when kissing it feels fruity on my lips. But then, I have slowly fallen out of love from it. It wasn't because it was a horrible product but because it didn't last on me and I think there’s so many lip balms out there that offers better service than just cute packaging and fruity taste.  Let me give you the details of our love story. This product became popular last year because of its cute packaging. So many beauty gurus raved about it but lately, it has been categorized under overrated product list. (Source) It got me into thinking if EOS lip balm is really an overrated product. Why did I shelved this product anyway? I remembered it was a year ago when I got my EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet. Believe you me, I was so freaki...

Revlon Stormy Pink

This is gonna be short and sweet just to make up for a long blogging hiatus. I don’t have much luck when it comes to pink lipstick. It’s either wrong shade or wrong formula. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Stormy Pink is no exemption. A friend gave this to me and the color was love at first sight. It was purple-ish, Barbie-like pink tone. But then, after getting a bit tanner because of summer, it ain't BFF with my morena skin tone. Wearing this makes me feel like Nikki Minaj (Boom boorooom boom base!!!). But I think, this is perfect for girls who have pale skin or fairer skin . The formula is just so off. It’s sticky, but not pigmented, and it keeps on sliding on my lips as if I am using a cheap brand lipstick. (To tell you honestly, I am not considering Revlon as a drugstore brand because  it is a bit pricey here in the Philippines.) It has a matte formula so for all you glossy-haters out there, this one's for you. As for me, matte lipsticks are too dr...

Inspired by JLO's Nude Lips: In2it Moisture Intense Lipstick in Orange Fizz

I have always been on the hunt for a nice nude lipstick that can beautifully mute my pigmented lips. The desire to rummage around for the best neutral lipstick started when I would always see myself being drawn to wearing dark hues of eyeshadows, only to find out I have no nude lipstick to pair it with. I would always end up wearing light pink lipstick which I think is just fine but I wish I could have a neutral colored lipstick so the eyeshadows can pop rather than making the lipstick clash to the eye make-up. Should I say my hunt is always a fail. Sometimes, it’s too pale, too light, a lot of browns, lots of pinks, always a fail. What I really want to have is the kind of lipstick that will definitely erase my lips but won’t make me appear sickly. Arrrgh! Women are such confused beings! Anyways, this is how nude I want my lipstick to be… Girl crushing is on! I always wonder how JLO rock the nude up until I saw I video of youtuber Jenn Im where the girl uses not brown or light...

Wedding Bliss: The Importance of Wedding Coordinator (Quintessence Philippines)

I am quite surprised that even after being married for almost a year now, I still get a ton of queries regarding wedding details and such. One common question I get is this: "Do I really need a wedding day coordinator?". My answer is always, always this big YES. Well, based on my experience, you can get away without an over-all full wedding coordinator because you can do the planning alone. However- and very important, I must say, that you get an on-the-day-coordinator . And please do get a legit one, not your friends or family, but a professional wedding coor. (Your friends want to enjoy the moment, too, so please don't give them yet another job to do. They can assist you in little things, but please leave everything to a legit coor.) Some reasons why I think a professional on-the-day wedding coordinator is a must: 1. Stress-free wedding.  The least I wanted to be during my wedding is to be the stressed-bride. I have been to weddings without coordinators and I tell...

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,...

Happiness and All in Between

Source Life is freaking awesome, let me just say that. I’m happy to finally say I am happy (forgive the redundancy). I am so overwhelmed with all the blessings I see around me. Much more, I am filled with peace which is far too precious than any other material things in this world. Last night, while I was doing my “journaling” routine, I reviewed my bucket list I made at the beginning of the year. I called it “PUSH MO YAN, GIRL” list. Three of them I already ticked off including the last one which says “BE HAPPY.” For the past two years, I feel stuck. I don't really know what to do with my life. Along with my self-imposed crisis, I felt truly unhappy, but God has helped me make better decisions in life that has led me to find happiness with who I was, who I am, and who I want to be in the future. Now, I feel so much better- the best version I could ever be since my quarter life has began and I am no longer afraid of my dreams. I am no longer at lost, I think.  Large part o...