Skip to main content

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.



Elow elow elow Dear Reader!

So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general.

How many piercings do you have?
As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right.

When did you get them and why?
1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest of my piercings when I was already full blown adult.

2. The next piercing I had was on my right ear. I was just testing the waters at that time to see if I can tolerate the pain so I thought of just getting one piercing. At that time, I was just starting a new job and I was so anxious so I needed a little boost of confidence. So right after my final interview, I went straight ahead to the mall had my right ear pierced. It was spontaneous but  the most memorable among all of my piercings.

After a couple of weeks, knowing it wasn't that bad, I decided to have my second piercing on my left ear, too.

3. The third pair of piercings was done together at the same time. No special reason, I just felt like getting a third pair. I think I must have really missed the feeling of having newly pierced ear. It is kind of addicting, you know.





Where did you get them done?
The first pair was done on a health center. (You can't risk a child's health, of course)
The second pair was done at UNISILVER. They have this "free piercing" for every purchase of earring so that's where I went.
The third pair was done at SILVERWORKS BODY. It's a Silverworks branch that specializes in phunk piercings. Their earrings are so gorgeous, I just have to try it. I still go there sometimes just to see those phunk earrings and dreaming of the day I will have the guts to try them.

Did it hurt?
Yes. But it is tolerable.
Gun Method was used for all of my piercings and honestly, the clamp hurt. It was like someone pinched you in the ear- so bad. A "pitik sa tenga", that's what it felt like.
The pain will subside just few hours after the process. The wound won't hurt as long as you won't touch it or put too much pressure to it.

How long is the healing process?
Around 2 months. Longest would be three months.






How did you take care of your piercing?
First two weeks, I didnt really do anything to the earring except for making sure that the earring was intact. Piercing should be healthy, not bleeding, and clean. It may become a bit swollen but not to the point of "gruesome" swell. It has to look normal (though it may hurt a little due to the fresh wound)

After around a couple of weeks (guestimation), I carefully removed the earring from my ear and cleaned both earring and the piercing with alcohol. Some white goo or extract will come out from the fresh wound (I believe this is normal.) so better make sure to clean thoroughly, of course with squeaky clean hands. I prefer alcohol because of its sanitizing capability,also, it feels really refreshing on the fresh wound. It may sting a little but it's okay. I like it that way. Kind of eating a spicy ramen. Satisyingly hot.

After cleaning, I just put back the earrings back so it can heal on its own. I did the routine every week or every couple of weeks. As much as possible, I try not to touch my piercings. That was the only routine I did for my earrings. I did not put baby oil, or any other ointment.


How about taking a bath?
Taking a bath was normal. I didn't do much on this part.  It was scary the first time though. A little water may get into the ear when taking a shower but this it was fine because it felt like "cleansing" the wound for some reason.  I just made sure not too much soup or water gets into the piercing.

Did you get an infection?
Nope. I did not.
I did, however, got an accident on the third piercing on my right ear a month after I had them done. My boyfriend and I was on our vacation in Puerto Galera when this thing happened. While we were sleeping in our cozy place, I suddenly felt something like a disturbing pain on my right piercing. When I touched my earring, I couldn't locate it. I woke my boyfriend up and asked him to check what happened to my piercing. With his shocked face, he said the earring was pushed inside the wound and it was bleeding. I think I must have slept the wrong way that I have put too much pressure on it. I asked my boyfriend if he could remove the earring because I don't want to move too much because it might create more damage to the piercing. My boyfriend, being so worried about my pain, failed to remove the earring because it was too tight already- and the earring was stucked inside the skin of my ear. (Excuse the gore side of this story). So, I asked him to get a mirror instead. At this time, all I was thinking about was to remove the earring as soon as possible. With all my might, I removed the earring successfully. It was painful and gruesome at the same time.

I decided to let the wound "breath" for a while, so I did not put the earring back right away. I think I waited for a two days before putting the earring back again. To tell you honestly, I thought of not putting it back again because I got scared and it was painful. It felt like piercing it all over again, and now with a wound that doubles the amount of pain. But then, I decided to just put it back on because I really, really want to have the third piercing. Tiis tiis na lang.


Do you plan to get another piercing?
Nope. Well, to tell you honestly, I don't plan my piercings. Everything was spontaneous because I think when you overthink about it, you will just keep on backing out.

With that said,  I think I'm gonna go get a new piercing on my cartillege one of these days.


---


Ooookay. That was long.
Thanks so much if you have read the entire article.
Hopefully I helped you figure out whether you want one or not (because if you did finish this article, you may probably be interested in getting one.

Okay. Thaat's it you guys.
Till my next piercing - I mean, article.


BYEEEE!!!!!!!!



Comments

  1. Hii just wanna ask, hm magpapierce sa silverworks if hindi bibili ng earrings? Like piercing lang talaga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if Silverworks Body do piercing services alone without the need to purchase earrings. Take note that Silverworks is different from Silverworks Body... But in Unisilver, piercing is just an additional free service you can avail if you buy this particular earring from them.

      Delete
  2. Hiii! Would you recommend Silverworks' performance? Like with the gun and all. I did my research and a lot of people said needle piercings are way better :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! All my piercings were done using the gun method and they turned out okay --they all healed healthily, (thank God) but then, all my piercings were just all located in cartillage (soft spot). I haven't tried needle piercing yet so i cant compare. I actually dont recommend anything. I am just sharing my experience and I guess I'm lucky I didnt have any infection whatsover.

      Delete
  3. Safe po ba mag pa gun piercing e diba iba't ibang tao na yung naaano nung needle nung gun? Diba pwede mainfect or mahawa ng sakit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the gun but the earring that will pierce your ears so to say "mahawa" ka ng kung ano mang sakit is quite unlikely. (Kung meron man sakit na iniisip mo makakahawa sa pagpitik ng hikaw sa tenga.) Sa mga babies, gunpiercing ang ginagawa. So i guess it's safe naman. But if takot ka, dont do it na lang. I am not here to talk about safety but to tell my experience. If prefer mo ibang method so be it. Wala naman pumipilit sa 'yo.

      Delete
  4. How much was the earrings on UniSilver?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on the style. Cheapest would probably be around 150-200 pesos.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?


Popular posts from this blog

Nail Paraphernalia: Nail Art Stuff and Nail Care Thingies

Hello everyone!!! Since this blog came about, I have been hoarding over nail art thingies and stuff for my nails. I thought I might share with you guys some of them so here it is. Just a disclaimer, I didn't accumulate these things in one shopping, and they are not expensive anyways so don't treat this as a bragging or some sort. Blings for Nails Crystal Nail File- perfect for brittle nails Nail Pusher Dotting Tool for Nail art designs Fake nails for practice Buffer Buffer (finally, I won't have to put cotton on my toes just to keep them apart while doing pedicure) Stickers from Wish Nail Stickers bought from Pandayan Bookshop More Nail Stickers bought from Pandayan bookshop I think that's all I have for now. Till my next post. Bye!

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,

LOL Liquid Eyeliner Review

Last Thursday, I was invited to render an intermission number for an event and I have to buy me some make-up. It is inevitable for me to buy make-up prior to the performance because obviously I need to create a presentable slash diva-ish look since people will be all eyes on me for more than five minutes. Something new to wear gives a girl more confidence, may it be clothes or make-up, and of course, whenever you sing in front of the crowd, you need all the confidence you can get. I decided to buy a new eyeliner because my Fanny Serrano felt tip liner is already going crazy after months of usage.  After minutes of rummaging the beauty section of SM North, I decided to try out this inexpensive brand called LOL. I've been eyeing this LOL liquid eyeliner the first time I saw it on Watsons. I know it's not a good idea to try out new brand on a performance night but I have this gut feeling that this could be a eureka for finding an inexpensive but effective e

Inspired by Legally Blonde: Pink and Marvellous

Since this blog is unexpectedly becoming a nail fetish den, I would like to give you yet another nail design inspired by a movie. Just on my previous post, I was talking about Miss Elle Woods and her affirmation that a manicure makes a girl feel better no matter what (although technically, it was her friends who told her that). It was a funny affirmation but there is truth to it. So, today, I thought of dedicating this pink nail design to Miss Elle Woods, our Legally Blonde. . I was a young high school girl when I first saw the movie Legally Blonde and it is one of my favorite movies back then. I also made a high school movie review for our English subject. That's how I love this movie. Miss Elle Woods is definitely a pink girl, thus the pink nails. I add some pink animal print to the design because she is a certified pet lover to her lovely dog, Bruiser Woods, and she really loves to accent her strike on pink environment with a pink animal print. She also doesn'

Inspired by JLO's Nude Lips: In2it Moisture Intense Lipstick in Orange Fizz

I have always been on the hunt for a nice nude lipstick that can beautifully mute my pigmented lips. The desire to rummage around for the best neutral lipstick started when I would always see myself being drawn to wearing dark hues of eyeshadows, only to find out I have no nude lipstick to pair it with. I would always end up wearing light pink lipstick which I think is just fine but I wish I could have a neutral colored lipstick so the eyeshadows can pop rather than making the lipstick clash to the eye make-up. Should I say my hunt is always a fail. Sometimes, it’s too pale, too light, a lot of browns, lots of pinks, always a fail. What I really want to have is the kind of lipstick that will definitely erase my lips but won’t make me appear sickly. Arrrgh! Women are such confused beings! Anyways, this is how nude I want my lipstick to be… Girl crushing is on! I always wonder how JLO rock the nude up until I saw I video of youtuber Jenn Im where the girl uses not brown or light

On Self-Acceptance

It was late September when I started "Marvellous Much." For two months, I labored myself from taking photos to writing to editing and then publishing. I took this as my own, my baby, my little sanctuary. Although I've done several blogs before, this is the first time I have ever done a blog that is somehow commercial and is focusing on a certain niche. I aim to create a professional blog on this one, something that I can give to the world. Every now and then, before I click the "publish" button, I would see myself stepping back and forth. I know I doubt myself so much. I always see myself as not good enough. Every time I would go public, things scream unto my head - words such as "what will they think of my work?" "Is this great?" "Will the people like it?" I hate this thing about myself. When you lack confidence, you lack strength. I hate myself for this. I hate that I sometimes hate myself. However, for the past two months, wi