Skip to main content

Wedding Bliss: The Importance of Wedding Coordinator (Quintessence Philippines)

I am quite surprised that even after being married for almost a year now, I still get a ton of queries regarding wedding details and such. One common question I get is this: "Do I really need a wedding day coordinator?". My answer is always, always this big YES. Well, based on my experience, you can get away without an over-all full wedding coordinator because you can do the planning alone. However- and very important, I must say, that you get an on-the-day-coordinator. And please do get a legit one, not your friends or family, but a professional wedding coor. (Your friends want to enjoy the moment, too, so please don't give them yet another job to do. They can assist you in little things, but please leave everything to a legit coor.)

Some reasons why I think a professional on-the-day wedding coordinator is a must:

1. Stress-free wedding. The least I wanted to be during my wedding is to be the stressed-bride. I have been to weddings without coordinators and I tell you- the bride is always always a mess. I didn't want that for my wedding. I wanted to be the happy bride. That's the reason why coordinators are there. They make sure you have a stress-free wedding by taking care of the details while you get to enjoy the moment. You don't want to be answering phone calls from suppliers while your makeup artist is doing your makeup. You need a coord to do that for you.

2. They know what to do. some brides think that their friends can be the coordinator on their wedding day because they underestimate the knowledge of coordinators. They thought wedding is just an ordinary event that friends who had experiences in handling birthdays, debuts, etc, can be their coordinators. Sure they can- but the quality and the knowledge of true coordinators are what you need in your wedding day. I have been to a wedding without a coor, and boy, the bride is looking for her wedding bible and pillows. You don't want to be that bride. You need a coord to mind those little details for you.

2. They will help you carry out your wedding plans. For a year, I did the whole planning for my own wedding. We went to fairs, we go to different wedding venues, we calculated the expenses, we meet with suppliers. But on the day itself, I let go of all these stress and relay everything to my coord. My coordinators did everything so they can execute my plans and imagination for my wedding day.

3. They will make sure you are on time. It's hard to keep phase with your wedding if you do not have a coordinator. That being said, you coor will make sure you are not late, nor too early to your schedule. Time is really hard to keep when you are too busy so you need someone to do it for you.

4. You will have all the assistance that you need. - You will need an overall assistant on the day of your wedding. Need water? Need safety pin? Your coor will give you whatever assistance you need. I tell you, it is hard to rely on your friends to do these things because they are also as busy as you.

5. You don't have to worry about Guests' queries. - Also, your guests will ask you a lot of things on your wedding day (where to go, place and time, etc. and you need your coor to answer all these queries.

6. You will have an over-all organized wedding. - I have been to weddings that has coord, and weddings that do not. You can clearly point out the difference of the two.


With all that in mind, let me now review one of my favorite suppliers, my Coordinators, Quintessence Philippines.

Cristel, the owner of Quintessence, is one of my colleagues back in the day, and when she learned Mimel and I were getting married, she then contacted me and told me about their wedding planning services. I admit I was hesitant to get an on-the-day coor because I thought I can ask my friends and family to do that for me.

But then, after being told by a lot of bride about the importance of wedding day coor, I finally decided to get one.

What made me hire Quintessence is not just because Cristel is a dear friend. I tell you I was really objective during my wedding planning because I was approached by a lot of friends who own wedding-related businesses. What draw me to her was when she told me, upon learning I already have another coor in mind, that I should always look for someone who can deliver "service", because after all, coordinators sell something intangible. Right then and there I knew I have found my Coor, someone whom I can entrust my wedding day to, someone who can deliver, someone who can help me have my dream wedding.

The following paragraph is the review I put on their FB page:
I can't thank Quintessence enough for making our Big Day a memorable one. They are so organized, very detailed, and well-coordinated. They helped me in making my wedding vision a reality. I enjoyed our day because it was hussle-free, zero stress, and everything went well so smoothly. My coors are so trustworthy and they assisted me in all ways they can-- they even cleaned my engagement ring for me! All my guests are complimenting us for having such a beautiful wedding-- thanks to Quintessence for making this possible. We couldn't have done it without their help. I highly recommend this team for future brides and grooms. If I could give 10-100 stars, I definitely would just to prove how good this team is.

As what Cristel said, Coors sell their service so it's really hard for me to show what they can really do. All I know is that I am so happy I put my trust on them. I know my wedding day will not be as organized as it was without them.


Comments

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?


Popular posts from this blog

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.

Elow elow elow Dear Reader! So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general. How many piercings do you have? As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right. When did you get them and why? 1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest ...

Revlon Stormy Pink

This is gonna be short and sweet just to make up for a long blogging hiatus. I don’t have much luck when it comes to pink lipstick. It’s either wrong shade or wrong formula. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Stormy Pink is no exemption. A friend gave this to me and the color was love at first sight. It was purple-ish, Barbie-like pink tone. But then, after getting a bit tanner because of summer, it ain't BFF with my morena skin tone. Wearing this makes me feel like Nikki Minaj (Boom boorooom boom base!!!). But I think, this is perfect for girls who have pale skin or fairer skin . The formula is just so off. It’s sticky, but not pigmented, and it keeps on sliding on my lips as if I am using a cheap brand lipstick. (To tell you honestly, I am not considering Revlon as a drugstore brand because  it is a bit pricey here in the Philippines.) It has a matte formula so for all you glossy-haters out there, this one's for you. As for me, matte lipsticks are too dr...

EOS Lip Balm, Overrated?

I was looking at old photos in my computer and I saw these cute pictures of EOS Lipbalm and I remembered how much I love this product but I shelved it for various reasons. EOS and I had some good times, you know. I enjoyed the days when kissing it feels fruity on my lips. But then, I have slowly fallen out of love from it. It wasn't because it was a horrible product but because it didn't last on me and I think there’s so many lip balms out there that offers better service than just cute packaging and fruity taste.  Let me give you the details of our love story. This product became popular last year because of its cute packaging. So many beauty gurus raved about it but lately, it has been categorized under overrated product list. (Source) It got me into thinking if EOS lip balm is really an overrated product. Why did I shelved this product anyway? I remembered it was a year ago when I got my EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet. Believe you me, I was so freaki...

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,...

LOL Liquid Eyeliner Review

Last Thursday, I was invited to render an intermission number for an event and I have to buy me some make-up. It is inevitable for me to buy make-up prior to the performance because obviously I need to create a presentable slash diva-ish look since people will be all eyes on me for more than five minutes. Something new to wear gives a girl more confidence, may it be clothes or make-up, and of course, whenever you sing in front of the crowd, you need all the confidence you can get. I decided to buy a new eyeliner because my Fanny Serrano felt tip liner is already going crazy after months of usage.  After minutes of rummaging the beauty section of SM North, I decided to try out this inexpensive brand called LOL. I've been eyeing this LOL liquid eyeliner the first time I saw it on Watsons. I know it's not a good idea to try out new brand on a performance night but I have this gut feeling that this could be a eureka for finding an inexpensive but effective e...

Inspired by JLO's Nude Lips: In2it Moisture Intense Lipstick in Orange Fizz

I have always been on the hunt for a nice nude lipstick that can beautifully mute my pigmented lips. The desire to rummage around for the best neutral lipstick started when I would always see myself being drawn to wearing dark hues of eyeshadows, only to find out I have no nude lipstick to pair it with. I would always end up wearing light pink lipstick which I think is just fine but I wish I could have a neutral colored lipstick so the eyeshadows can pop rather than making the lipstick clash to the eye make-up. Should I say my hunt is always a fail. Sometimes, it’s too pale, too light, a lot of browns, lots of pinks, always a fail. What I really want to have is the kind of lipstick that will definitely erase my lips but won’t make me appear sickly. Arrrgh! Women are such confused beings! Anyways, this is how nude I want my lipstick to be… Girl crushing is on! I always wonder how JLO rock the nude up until I saw I video of youtuber Jenn Im where the girl uses not brown or light...