Skip to main content

Wedding Bliss: Anne Grace Lu, The Professional Makeup Artist




How can I not mention one of the first few suppliers that I booked, my wedding makeup artist, Miss Anne Grace Lu.

She's been on my radar since 2013 (or something) when she did my makeup on my friend's wedding. I was the maid of honor back then and I really loved how she did my makeup so I didn't forget about her.

Every time people will ask me if I know someone who can do wedding makeup, I would always refer Miss Anne because I know she can deliver. I really believe in her ability and of course I would not refer someone who will ruin me. Miss Anne, in return, never disappoint. Her clients would always love how she do makeup.

Come my wedding and of course, lalayo pa ba ako? I booked her and I was so happy she will always be part of my happiest day.

Here are the reasons why I chose Miss Anne:

1. Natural makeup
I think what I liked most about her is her ability to enhance the client's face without overdoing it. It looked natural and not over the top. It didn't feel heavy and you still look like you, but better.

2. Nice set-up, perfect for photoshoot
How I love Miss Anne's workstation! I just love being in her high makeup chair. It feels as if I am one of those movie stars that is being dolled up.

3. Rapport
Also, you will not get bored being in front of Miss Anne. She just knows how to create rapport to the client without being too pushy or being too talkative.

4. Professionalism
I liked that Miss Anne has a timeline especially she will be handling not just me but some of my bridesmaids,too. I loved that she prepared her own timeline, coordinated with my coor so they can sync both of their timelines. She came earlier than her call time.

5. Presentable
Did I tell you that Miss Anne is one of the prettiest makeup artists I've met? She looked polished, professional, and presentable. I think that adds up to her charisma.



A lot of people are commenting how pretty I was on the day. Some of my friends who are soon-to-be brides told me that they really liked my makeup and have asked Miss Anne's contact number, too. Well, I am not surprised at all. Miss Anne really has the talent for makeup.

For inquiries, you may contact Miss Anne through her facebook page.


Love,

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.

Elow elow elow Dear Reader! So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general. How many piercings do you have? As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right. When did you get them and why? 1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest ...

Revlon Stormy Pink

This is gonna be short and sweet just to make up for a long blogging hiatus. I don’t have much luck when it comes to pink lipstick. It’s either wrong shade or wrong formula. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Stormy Pink is no exemption. A friend gave this to me and the color was love at first sight. It was purple-ish, Barbie-like pink tone. But then, after getting a bit tanner because of summer, it ain't BFF with my morena skin tone. Wearing this makes me feel like Nikki Minaj (Boom boorooom boom base!!!). But I think, this is perfect for girls who have pale skin or fairer skin . The formula is just so off. It’s sticky, but not pigmented, and it keeps on sliding on my lips as if I am using a cheap brand lipstick. (To tell you honestly, I am not considering Revlon as a drugstore brand because  it is a bit pricey here in the Philippines.) It has a matte formula so for all you glossy-haters out there, this one's for you. As for me, matte lipsticks are too dr...

EOS Lip Balm, Overrated?

I was looking at old photos in my computer and I saw these cute pictures of EOS Lipbalm and I remembered how much I love this product but I shelved it for various reasons. EOS and I had some good times, you know. I enjoyed the days when kissing it feels fruity on my lips. But then, I have slowly fallen out of love from it. It wasn't because it was a horrible product but because it didn't last on me and I think there’s so many lip balms out there that offers better service than just cute packaging and fruity taste.  Let me give you the details of our love story. This product became popular last year because of its cute packaging. So many beauty gurus raved about it but lately, it has been categorized under overrated product list. (Source) It got me into thinking if EOS lip balm is really an overrated product. Why did I shelved this product anyway? I remembered it was a year ago when I got my EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet. Believe you me, I was so freaki...

Wedding Bliss: The Importance of Wedding Coordinator (Quintessence Philippines)

I am quite surprised that even after being married for almost a year now, I still get a ton of queries regarding wedding details and such. One common question I get is this: "Do I really need a wedding day coordinator?". My answer is always, always this big YES. Well, based on my experience, you can get away without an over-all full wedding coordinator because you can do the planning alone. However- and very important, I must say, that you get an on-the-day-coordinator . And please do get a legit one, not your friends or family, but a professional wedding coor. (Your friends want to enjoy the moment, too, so please don't give them yet another job to do. They can assist you in little things, but please leave everything to a legit coor.) Some reasons why I think a professional on-the-day wedding coordinator is a must: 1. Stress-free wedding.  The least I wanted to be during my wedding is to be the stressed-bride. I have been to weddings without coordinators and I tell...

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,...

LOL Liquid Eyeliner Review

Last Thursday, I was invited to render an intermission number for an event and I have to buy me some make-up. It is inevitable for me to buy make-up prior to the performance because obviously I need to create a presentable slash diva-ish look since people will be all eyes on me for more than five minutes. Something new to wear gives a girl more confidence, may it be clothes or make-up, and of course, whenever you sing in front of the crowd, you need all the confidence you can get. I decided to buy a new eyeliner because my Fanny Serrano felt tip liner is already going crazy after months of usage.  After minutes of rummaging the beauty section of SM North, I decided to try out this inexpensive brand called LOL. I've been eyeing this LOL liquid eyeliner the first time I saw it on Watsons. I know it's not a good idea to try out new brand on a performance night but I have this gut feeling that this could be a eureka for finding an inexpensive but effective e...

Inspired by JLO's Nude Lips: In2it Moisture Intense Lipstick in Orange Fizz

I have always been on the hunt for a nice nude lipstick that can beautifully mute my pigmented lips. The desire to rummage around for the best neutral lipstick started when I would always see myself being drawn to wearing dark hues of eyeshadows, only to find out I have no nude lipstick to pair it with. I would always end up wearing light pink lipstick which I think is just fine but I wish I could have a neutral colored lipstick so the eyeshadows can pop rather than making the lipstick clash to the eye make-up. Should I say my hunt is always a fail. Sometimes, it’s too pale, too light, a lot of browns, lots of pinks, always a fail. What I really want to have is the kind of lipstick that will definitely erase my lips but won’t make me appear sickly. Arrrgh! Women are such confused beings! Anyways, this is how nude I want my lipstick to be… Girl crushing is on! I always wonder how JLO rock the nude up until I saw I video of youtuber Jenn Im where the girl uses not brown or light...