Skip to main content

Inspired by Zooey's Orange Nails: THE FACE SHOP LOVELY ME: EX PAINT NAILS in RD303


Hey, Marvellous!
Today, I’m gonna be sharing with you this nail polish coined as THE FACE SHOP LOVELY ME: EX PAINT NAILS in RD303. (That's mouthful!)

The inspiration for this polish is the reddish-orange nail polish worn by Zooey Deschanel in the episode 19 of her sitcom New Girl Season 2. I keep looking at her reddish-orange nails while watching the show so I said to myself I must get me an orange-red nail polish.

It looks a bit like bloody red nails in this snapshot, but it is more of deeper orange in the entire show.


I know, I know, nail polish again. Well, I am definitely at nail polish phase, wherein painting nails is therapeutic and inhaling nail polish fume is nothing but smelling scent of aroma. I just love nail polishes, obsessed even.  

You see, I hate seeing chips and cracks on my nail polish. So, every time I would see a little chip, I would erase the polish on that particular fingernail and repeat the whole process from base coat to nail polish to top coat.

That is why I am always on the hunt for a good nail polish that has a lasting power so I won't waste all my time and effort in painting my nails.

However, I am also a bit stingy when it comes to nail polish because I know that nail polish is not a basic commodity to spend too much money on.

That is why I love The Face Shop Nail Polishes because it is an affordable nail polish that can last on my nails for days. RD 303 stayed on my nails for days.

This is a morning shot. It is coming out a bit like a carrot orange in this photo but it is deeper in person.

THE FACE SHOP LOVELY ME: EX PAINT NAILS in RD303 is your perfect deep orange nail polish leaning on the red side, thus the name RD, which is short for RED. Some oranges may look tacky on my tan skin but not this one. The color is just adorable.

It has a bit of neon depending on where the lights hit your fingernails. It holds a little shine but a good top coat will make it shinier.

Bedazzled for a night shot!

Application is a breeze, not streaky at all. Its medium-sized brush is soft enough to effectively distribute the product on my nails. You can get away with one coat on this nail polish but it is more opaque if you use two coats.

I am quite surprised of how much I like the new bottle. I was never a fan of it when I first saw the change. I am quite a fanatic of their former bottle, which has a beautiful leaf design in the cap, plus a huge “The Face Shop” Logo written all over it.  The new bottle seems so simple and ordinary. But then, I saw the practicality applied on their new bottle. The new cap provides a good grip to the handle, making it easier to apply the product on the nails. Their logo “THE FACE SHOP” is now engraved to the cap as opposed to their former bottle on which the name was just printed on the bottle. This ensures that the logo will not fade whatsoever even if you have the bottle for the longest time possible. I still love to see their old bottles but this new one is just as adorable.

 
This particular polish cost me P100 which is a bit pricey compared to local brands here in the Philippines. But then, this is a good brand that stays on your nails for days so I think it’s worth it.

The only thing I hate about this product is the fact that it stains my nails horribly. This is probably because of the orange tint that it has. It kind of stays on my nails even after removing the polish with a good nail polish remover.

Well, that’s it –my little babbling about this lovely nail polish. Thanks Zooey for inspiring me.
Till my next polish story!

Chow!


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

Nail Paraphernalia: Nail Art Stuff and Nail Care Thingies

Hello everyone!!! Since this blog came about, I have been hoarding over nail art thingies and stuff for my nails. I thought I might share with you guys some of them so here it is. Just a disclaimer, I didn't accumulate these things in one shopping, and they are not expensive anyways so don't treat this as a bragging or some sort. Blings for Nails Crystal Nail File- perfect for brittle nails Nail Pusher Dotting Tool for Nail art designs Fake nails for practice Buffer Buffer (finally, I won't have to put cotton on my toes just to keep them apart while doing pedicure) Stickers from Wish Nail Stickers bought from Pandayan Bookshop More Nail Stickers bought from Pandayan bookshop I think that's all I have for now. Till my next post. Bye!

TURNING PAGES: Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

When I was in kindergarten, I had a hard time understanding Math specifically the lesson in  “greater than- less than-equal to” equations. My mother, being a teacher, helped me understand the lesson by using analogy . In a manner of storytelling, she told me that the sign corresponding greater than/less than/equal to is  Pacman  (the famous computer game back then), while the numbers in the equation represent the amount of apples . She told me I have to point Pacman’s mouth to the larger amount so he can eat more apples. I never failed at greater than/less than/equal to lesson ever again. SOURCE: h ttp://prekandksharing.blogspot.com/2012/08/montessori-inspired-greater-than-less.html Outliers  by Malcolm Gladwell is a lot like my mom’s way of teaching me Math. It is composed of analogies and stories that helped me understand the wisdom behind success. It will not tell you what to do, it will ask you to analyze the roots of success and what lies behind the equation

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.

Elow elow elow Dear Reader! So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general. How many piercings do you have? As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right. When did you get them and why? 1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,

Wedding Bliss: The Sassy Host, Miss Nathalie Salcedo

I honestly don't know how to start talking about our wedding host, Miss Nathalie Salcedo. I think I am still in awe on how amazing her hosting skills was during our wedding. I get asked a lot about her, where we met her, who is she, and/or if she's a celebrity or something. My guests told me two common things about her : she's a good host and she's so pretty. The truth is-- there are also only two things I am sure about her: She's a good host... and she's so pretty! Miss Nat was booked later on the wedding planning, so I didn't know much about her. We booked her less than a month before the wedding through our wedding coor (and through phone only) so I really didn't get the chance to talk to her only until the wedding day itself. The reasons why it took me a long time to book a host were: 1. I didn't know any professional host who haven't hosted any of my friend's wedding. I didn't want want to steal take a friend&#

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Review

Yes, definitely, Revlon Colorstay is here to stay . I believe that the greatest asset of Revlon Colorstay Foundation is the foundation formula itself. You may hate it for any other reasons such as no pump, limited color selection, and tricky application, but you will definitely keep on reaching out for this foundie because the formula itself is so irresistible in terms of coverage, longevity, and finish that somehow you finally understood why this drugstore foundation have created a cult in the beauty arena.   Did I just make a little speech out of Revlon Colorstay Foundation? That I did. Haha. Consider that as my affirmation that I am now a follower of this product. I love it to pieces. Let me break down to you my review on this foundation. I have mixed feelings over this product so let me count the ways. *** ACCORDING TO REVLON WEBSITE: DESCRIPTION Longwearing coverage with Time Release Technology and a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off

Wedding Bliss: Catholic Wedding @ San Juan dela Cruz Parish

June is known to be the wedding month and I think there's a little truth to that because I personally have been to two weddings in this month alone- and it's only June 10 as I type this. I heard it's because June was coined after the Goddess of Love, Juno. So, in lieu of this wedding season, I thought of doing a Wedding Series called Wedding Bliss where I talk about our suppliers when we got married April last year and some other wedding pointers. I will first start with our Wedding Church, which is  San Juan dela Cruz Parish in Valenzuela City. This church is a default choice because this is where me and my husband met (both of us are in music ministry) so if not for this church, I wouldn't have met my husband. Also, serving in this church for almost a decade made it not just a place of worship, but a second home to us, too. All our friends are also parishioners from SJDC, including our Parish Priest, Father Mulong, who is also the presiding priest during our we