Skip to main content

NOTD: Caronia Bonanza Tip

I rarely go to salon to have my nails done professionally because:
a. I love doing my own manicure/pedicure because cleaning my nails is somehow a therapy to me. 
b. I don't really like how manicure is being done here in the Philippines where they cut the cuticles and sometimes they even cut the skin until it bleeds.
c. I have this uneasy feeling when someone is using lots of tools on me (as that of a dentist). 
d. I had a trauma years ago on my right ring finger and though the whole thing was my fault, I don't want to gamble on nail technicians who have the possibility to redo the horrible scenario
e. I would rather spend the money on a nail polish 

But then, one day, I was feeling a little iffy about my nails because:
a. I didn't like the way I shaped them,
b. I didn't like the way I put nail polish, and 
c. I didn't like the harsh edge on the side of my nails. 

So, I decided to spare myself of uneasiness and went to the nearest Reyes Haircutters Salon and let the nail technician do her job.

Surprise surprise, I loved it!

The nail technician was delicate and she didn't hurt me at all. I liked the shape of my nails, hang nails and hard edges are gone.

Also, I think there's really something heartwarming about being in a salon that makes you feel special and a royalty.

Anyways, these are my nails after my visit to salon for a manicure.
Marvellous much indeed!


The nail technician used Caronia Bonanza Tip on my nails and I was so floored of how amazing the color is. This is not actually my first color choice but the nail technician showed this to me and said this would look good on me. She is definitely right.

Caronia Bonanza Tip is a grayish plum with a hint of dirty mauve. It compliments my skin so well and although this is almost like a gray, it doesn't look dull and mature. It looks so chic actually.

A day after my manicure session, I thought of buying my own Caronia Bonanza Tip to add on to my collection. I fell in love with the color so it's nice to have this shade in my stash. Plus, it is only P29.75 at Landmark, Trinoma so it's not so much to spend on. Caronia is pretty much everywhere so if you want to buy this shade, just go to any pharmacy or beauty stores and you can definitely find it there.

Caronia Bonanza Tip


That's it for today. Thanks so much for reading.

Till next time,



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.

Elow elow elow Dear Reader! So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general. How many piercings do you have? As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right. When did you get them and why? 1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest ...

EOS Lip Balm, Overrated?

I was looking at old photos in my computer and I saw these cute pictures of EOS Lipbalm and I remembered how much I love this product but I shelved it for various reasons. EOS and I had some good times, you know. I enjoyed the days when kissing it feels fruity on my lips. But then, I have slowly fallen out of love from it. It wasn't because it was a horrible product but because it didn't last on me and I think there’s so many lip balms out there that offers better service than just cute packaging and fruity taste.  Let me give you the details of our love story. This product became popular last year because of its cute packaging. So many beauty gurus raved about it but lately, it has been categorized under overrated product list. (Source) It got me into thinking if EOS lip balm is really an overrated product. Why did I shelved this product anyway? I remembered it was a year ago when I got my EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet. Believe you me, I was so freaki...

Revlon Stormy Pink

This is gonna be short and sweet just to make up for a long blogging hiatus. I don’t have much luck when it comes to pink lipstick. It’s either wrong shade or wrong formula. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Stormy Pink is no exemption. A friend gave this to me and the color was love at first sight. It was purple-ish, Barbie-like pink tone. But then, after getting a bit tanner because of summer, it ain't BFF with my morena skin tone. Wearing this makes me feel like Nikki Minaj (Boom boorooom boom base!!!). But I think, this is perfect for girls who have pale skin or fairer skin . The formula is just so off. It’s sticky, but not pigmented, and it keeps on sliding on my lips as if I am using a cheap brand lipstick. (To tell you honestly, I am not considering Revlon as a drugstore brand because  it is a bit pricey here in the Philippines.) It has a matte formula so for all you glossy-haters out there, this one's for you. As for me, matte lipsticks are too dr...

Wedding Bliss: The Importance of Wedding Coordinator (Quintessence Philippines)

I am quite surprised that even after being married for almost a year now, I still get a ton of queries regarding wedding details and such. One common question I get is this: "Do I really need a wedding day coordinator?". My answer is always, always this big YES. Well, based on my experience, you can get away without an over-all full wedding coordinator because you can do the planning alone. However- and very important, I must say, that you get an on-the-day-coordinator . And please do get a legit one, not your friends or family, but a professional wedding coor. (Your friends want to enjoy the moment, too, so please don't give them yet another job to do. They can assist you in little things, but please leave everything to a legit coor.) Some reasons why I think a professional on-the-day wedding coordinator is a must: 1. Stress-free wedding.  The least I wanted to be during my wedding is to be the stressed-bride. I have been to weddings without coordinators and I tell...

LOL Liquid Eyeliner Review

Last Thursday, I was invited to render an intermission number for an event and I have to buy me some make-up. It is inevitable for me to buy make-up prior to the performance because obviously I need to create a presentable slash diva-ish look since people will be all eyes on me for more than five minutes. Something new to wear gives a girl more confidence, may it be clothes or make-up, and of course, whenever you sing in front of the crowd, you need all the confidence you can get. I decided to buy a new eyeliner because my Fanny Serrano felt tip liner is already going crazy after months of usage.  After minutes of rummaging the beauty section of SM North, I decided to try out this inexpensive brand called LOL. I've been eyeing this LOL liquid eyeliner the first time I saw it on Watsons. I know it's not a good idea to try out new brand on a performance night but I have this gut feeling that this could be a eureka for finding an inexpensive but effective e...

Inspired by JLO's Nude Lips: In2it Moisture Intense Lipstick in Orange Fizz

I have always been on the hunt for a nice nude lipstick that can beautifully mute my pigmented lips. The desire to rummage around for the best neutral lipstick started when I would always see myself being drawn to wearing dark hues of eyeshadows, only to find out I have no nude lipstick to pair it with. I would always end up wearing light pink lipstick which I think is just fine but I wish I could have a neutral colored lipstick so the eyeshadows can pop rather than making the lipstick clash to the eye make-up. Should I say my hunt is always a fail. Sometimes, it’s too pale, too light, a lot of browns, lots of pinks, always a fail. What I really want to have is the kind of lipstick that will definitely erase my lips but won’t make me appear sickly. Arrrgh! Women are such confused beings! Anyways, this is how nude I want my lipstick to be… Girl crushing is on! I always wonder how JLO rock the nude up until I saw I video of youtuber Jenn Im where the girl uses not brown or light...

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,...