Skip to main content

Pieces of my Month: AUGUST 2015

Last year, I did some kind of a monthly gratitude list wherein I gather all images of important happenings in my life for that certain month. I never get to do that this year so I am planning to do it once more. It has helped me to become more positive in life even though I have been struggling with lots of things and that my life is too far from being perfect. Also, I want to realize that there are certain things I need to be grateful for because sometimes I am not able to see good things happening around me. So in accordance of my "coming back to blogging" thang and because this is also part of my birthmonth celebration, I am listing down some pieces of my August.



Big part of my month is the celebration of my birthday with my family. We went to VIKINGS, a luxury all you can eat buffet. It was my first time there and I was just so happy to be with the whole family because I guess it was a rare chance that we get to eat out together as a whole.


Being a Viking suits me pretty well, don't you think?

I kinda feel like a Miss U in this photo, of course with the help of my "pangmalakasan" red dress.


My little birthday cake courtesy of Vikings.

Celebrating my birthday with the most important people in  my life.


Of course, gifts for the birthday girl. Big or small, I super love em all!!!
THANK YOU SANTA!!!! (hashtag: spoiledgirlfriend)

TENCHU!!!!!


This month is also the very month where I got to sing in front of the crowd once more. Music is my element. I feel so close to God whenever I get to sing. I pray I get to do more of this.
Singing "ALONE" during the Sacerdotal Anniv of Fr. Mulong.
I nailed it! Big Thanks to the Great Musician Up in the Sky.

Goofin around while soundcheck.

Such a privilege to do music with these talented musicians.
We are called the BINHI band.
Yes, we rock!


 August is also the month for some little reunions with long lost sisters.
Catching up with my lovely college friends.
Hope we get to do this every month.
Spell "copyeditors".


And sundates of course.
The Pabebes.

Plus, a little art inspo!
Im fine as long as I have art.


And that's it, you guys. Thanks for reading. 

Hope to do this again next month.
Till my next post.

Love you all.

Peace out!



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

My PIERCINGS- Accidents, Stories, Reasons.. etc.

Elow elow elow Dear Reader! So, today, I bought new set of earrings and I realized, I haven't really talked about my piercing experience. So, I thought maybe I should answer some common questions about my piercings and piercing in general. How many piercings do you have? As of the moment, I have a total of six individual piercings. Three on the left ear, three on the right. When did you get them and why? 1. The first pair was done when I was four or five years old. I remember my father bringing me to a little health center and telling me to just tilt my head and that was it. I don't have much to say about this piercing because it was like a "default" kind of thing - sort of a tradition or one of those mandatory things a girl has to go through-  so nothing special in this pair. Also, I was too young to remember how it felt like. Too young to even comprehend. But I remember being happy having the privilege to wear such pretty gold earrings. I had the rest ...

Revlon Stormy Pink

This is gonna be short and sweet just to make up for a long blogging hiatus. I don’t have much luck when it comes to pink lipstick. It’s either wrong shade or wrong formula. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Stormy Pink is no exemption. A friend gave this to me and the color was love at first sight. It was purple-ish, Barbie-like pink tone. But then, after getting a bit tanner because of summer, it ain't BFF with my morena skin tone. Wearing this makes me feel like Nikki Minaj (Boom boorooom boom base!!!). But I think, this is perfect for girls who have pale skin or fairer skin . The formula is just so off. It’s sticky, but not pigmented, and it keeps on sliding on my lips as if I am using a cheap brand lipstick. (To tell you honestly, I am not considering Revlon as a drugstore brand because  it is a bit pricey here in the Philippines.) It has a matte formula so for all you glossy-haters out there, this one's for you. As for me, matte lipsticks are too dr...

EOS Lip Balm, Overrated?

I was looking at old photos in my computer and I saw these cute pictures of EOS Lipbalm and I remembered how much I love this product but I shelved it for various reasons. EOS and I had some good times, you know. I enjoyed the days when kissing it feels fruity on my lips. But then, I have slowly fallen out of love from it. It wasn't because it was a horrible product but because it didn't last on me and I think there’s so many lip balms out there that offers better service than just cute packaging and fruity taste.  Let me give you the details of our love story. This product became popular last year because of its cute packaging. So many beauty gurus raved about it but lately, it has been categorized under overrated product list. (Source) It got me into thinking if EOS lip balm is really an overrated product. Why did I shelved this product anyway? I remembered it was a year ago when I got my EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet. Believe you me, I was so freaki...

Wedding Bliss: The Importance of Wedding Coordinator (Quintessence Philippines)

I am quite surprised that even after being married for almost a year now, I still get a ton of queries regarding wedding details and such. One common question I get is this: "Do I really need a wedding day coordinator?". My answer is always, always this big YES. Well, based on my experience, you can get away without an over-all full wedding coordinator because you can do the planning alone. However- and very important, I must say, that you get an on-the-day-coordinator . And please do get a legit one, not your friends or family, but a professional wedding coor. (Your friends want to enjoy the moment, too, so please don't give them yet another job to do. They can assist you in little things, but please leave everything to a legit coor.) Some reasons why I think a professional on-the-day wedding coordinator is a must: 1. Stress-free wedding.  The least I wanted to be during my wedding is to be the stressed-bride. I have been to weddings without coordinators and I tell...

LOL Liquid Eyeliner Review

Last Thursday, I was invited to render an intermission number for an event and I have to buy me some make-up. It is inevitable for me to buy make-up prior to the performance because obviously I need to create a presentable slash diva-ish look since people will be all eyes on me for more than five minutes. Something new to wear gives a girl more confidence, may it be clothes or make-up, and of course, whenever you sing in front of the crowd, you need all the confidence you can get. I decided to buy a new eyeliner because my Fanny Serrano felt tip liner is already going crazy after months of usage.  After minutes of rummaging the beauty section of SM North, I decided to try out this inexpensive brand called LOL. I've been eyeing this LOL liquid eyeliner the first time I saw it on Watsons. I know it's not a good idea to try out new brand on a performance night but I have this gut feeling that this could be a eureka for finding an inexpensive but effective e...

Kulot Not Salot: My Curly Hair Routine

I'm still surprised when friends won't believe when I tell them my hair is naturally curly and that I never had a digi perm or any curling method done. People have been seeing me with rebonded straight hair for the past 12 years, (I thought it was only 10) and they have kind of believed my hair is naturally straight. And frankly, I, too, have forgotten how I looked like with curly hair. I have to rummage a box of old photos to help me remember how my curls looked like a decade ago and why do I even have it straightened. Was it that bad? After almost an hour of looking for old photos of my natural curls- this I realized to my chagrin - I rarely wore my curly hair down when I was a teenager. That was basically the reason why I had my hair rebonded. I did not know what to do with my curls. I did not know how to maximize my curls, its beauty, how to style it, how to play with it. And also- hair entails personality. You see, living in this country,...

Happiness and All in Between

Source Life is freaking awesome, let me just say that. I’m happy to finally say I am happy (forgive the redundancy). I am so overwhelmed with all the blessings I see around me. Much more, I am filled with peace which is far too precious than any other material things in this world. Last night, while I was doing my “journaling” routine, I reviewed my bucket list I made at the beginning of the year. I called it “PUSH MO YAN, GIRL” list. Three of them I already ticked off including the last one which says “BE HAPPY.” For the past two years, I feel stuck. I don't really know what to do with my life. Along with my self-imposed crisis, I felt truly unhappy, but God has helped me make better decisions in life that has led me to find happiness with who I was, who I am, and who I want to be in the future. Now, I feel so much better- the best version I could ever be since my quarter life has began and I am no longer afraid of my dreams. I am no longer at lost, I think.  Large part o...